From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Donald Nicholson-Smith is the English translator of the two major situationist books and a freelance editor. His most notable translations are Guy Debord’s The Society of the Spectacle, Raoul Vaneigem’s The Revolution of Everyday Life. Nicholson-Smith was one of the first translator of Situationist texts into English.
He was a member of the British section of the Situationist International until December 1966.
- The Language of Psychoanalysis, Laplanche & Pontalis. Norton, 1974.
- (1991) Henri Lefebvre The Production of Space
- (1994) Guy Debord’s The Society of the Spectacle
- (2002) Three to Kill, Jean-Patrick Manchette. City Lights.
- (2003)Raoul Vaneigem’s The Revolution of Everyday Life
- (2004) Paco Ignacio Taibo II’s ’68. Published by Seven Stories]