From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- The superior development or preference for one side of the body or of one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- The property of a gene such that it supresses the expression of its allele.
- The act of dominating; exercise of power in ruling; dominion; supremacy; authority; often, arbitrary or insolent way.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Dominance" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.