From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Degrading)
- The act of reducing in rank, character, or reputation, or of abasing; a lowering from one's standing or rank in office or society; diminution; as, the degradation of a peer, a knight, a general, or a bishop.
- The state of being reduced in rank, character, or reputation; baseness; moral, physical, or intellectual degeneracy; disgrace; abasement; debasement.
- Diminution or reduction of strength, efficacy, or value; degeneration; deterioration.
- A gradual wearing down or wasting, as of rocks and banks, by the action of water, frost etc.
- The state or condition of a species or group which exhibits degraded forms; degeneration.
- Arrest of development, or degeneration of any organ, or of the body as a whole.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Degradation" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.