From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1918 - Novembergruppe, group of German expressionist artists and architects founded.
- 1947 - A Streetcar Named Desire (play) premiers on Broadway
- 1741 - Renée-Pélagie de Montreuil, wife of Marquis de Sade (d. 1810)
- 1857 - Joseph Conrad, Polish-born British writer (d. 1924)
- 1883 - Anton Webern, Austrian composer (d. 1945)
- 1895 - Anna Freud, Austrian-born British psychoanalyst (d. 1982)
- 1911 - Nino Rota, Italian composer (d. 1979)
- 1922 - Sven Nykvist, Swedish cinematographer (d. 2006)
- 1930 - Jean-Luc Godard, French film director
- 1960 - Julianne Moore, American actress
- 1894 - Robert Louis Stevenson, British writer (b. 1850)
- 1919 - Pierre-Auguste Renoir, French impressionist painter (b. 1841)
- 1956 - Alexandr Rodchenko, Russian painter and photographer (b. 1891)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "December 3" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.