From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1932 - The Radio City Music Hall in New York City is inaugurated.
- 1965 - Marat/Sade play opens on Broadway.
- 1571 - Johannes Kepler, German astronomer (d. 1630)
- 1751 - Anne-Prospère de Launay, sister of Marquis de Sade's wife (d. 1781)
- 1882 - Mina Loy, English artist, writer, designer and actor (d. 1966)
- 1888 - Thea von Harbou, German author and actress (d. 1954)
- 1901 - Marlene Dietrich, German actress and singer (d. 1992)
- 1912 - Conroy Maddox, English surrealist artist and theorist (d. 2005)
- 1925 - Michel Piccoli, French actor
- 1945 - Giovanni Romanini, Italian comics creator
- 1946 - Janet Street-Porter, British journalist, producer and presenter
- 1948 - Gérard Depardieu, French actor
- 1963 - Gaspar Noé, Argentinian-born French filmmaker
- 1923 - Gustave Eiffel, French engineer and architect (b. 1832)
- 1950 - Max Beckmann, German painter (b. 1884)
- 1992 - Kay Boyle, American writer (b. 1902)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "December 27" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.