From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Copy may refer to:
- Copying or the product of copying (including the plural "copies"); the duplication of information or an artifact.
- Cut, copy, and paste, a method of reproducing text or other data in computing.
- Photocopying, a process which makes paper copies of documents and other visual images .
- Fax, a telecommunications technology used to transfer copies of documents, especially over the telephone network.
- Facsimile, any copy or reproduction which bears a close resemblance to the original.
- Term of art in US copyright law meaning a material object in which a work of authorship has been embodied, such as a book.
- Copy (procedure word), a response indicating satisfactory receipt of last radio transmission.
- Copy (command), a shell command.
- Copy (written), written content in publications, in contrast to photographs or other elements of layout.
- Copy (album), the debut album of the electronica artist Mitsuki Aira.
- Copy (musician), the Portland-based electronic music artist.
- carbon copy