From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Place of worship, a specially designed structure or consecrated space where individuals or a group of people such as a congregation come to perform acts of devotion, veneration, or religious study.
- Church (building) A Christian place of worship
- Church service, a formalized period of communal worship
- Church music written for performance in church
- Christian Church, refers to the whole Christian religious tradition through history.
- A religious denomination
- State church, a religious body or creed officially endorsed by that nation's government
- Local church, the body made up of a congregation, its members and clergy
- Christian clergy, formal Christian religious leadership