From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- A group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
- This steep and dangerous climb belongs to the most difficult category.
- I wouldn't put this book in the same category as the author's first novel.
Category, plural categories, may refer to:
- Abelian category
- Category (mathematics)
- Category of abelian groups
- Category of sets
- Category (topology) in the context of Baire spaces
- Category theory
- Equivalence of categories
- Lyusternik–Schnirelmann category, sometimes called LS-category or simply category
- Monoidal category
- Preadditive category
- Taxonomic rank or category
- Categories, a programming concept in Objective-C
- Pregnancy category
- Prison security categories in the United Kingdom
- List of boxing weight classes
- List of software categories
- Saffir–Simpson Hurricane Scale - common categorization of hurricane intensities
- Lexical category
- Categories of New Testament manuscripts
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Category" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.