From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Capriccio could refer to:
- A free-form, lively piece of music: see Capriccio (music).
- An opera by Richard Strauss: see Capriccio (opera).
- Igor Stravinsky's Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra.
- A type of landscape painting that places particular works of architecture in an unusual setting, see Capriccio (art).
- An art term denoting the grotesque, playful, fantastic, transgressing the academic norms.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Capriccio" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.