Camping del Terrore
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Camping del Terrore is one of the numerous sub-categorized "backwoods slashers" that occurred during the eighties made famous by Friday the 13th franchise and The Burning, along with such others as The Final Terror, The Prey, Just Before Dawn, Don't Go in the Woods and Madman.
A group of friends go on a vacation camping trip. Along the way, they pick up a hitchhiker named Ben, who invites them to his parents' campsite. When they arrive, Ben's father is in the process of setting up deadly traps to capture an Indian shaman that murdered two kids 15 years ago. As local superstitions have it that this shaman is a murderous demon summoned by the ancient Indians to watch over their burial ground and doesn't take too kindly to trespassing teenagers.
- Charles Napier as Charlie, the Sheriff
- David Hess as Robert Ritchie
- Bruce Penhall as Dave Calloway
- Mimsy Farmer as Julia Ritchie
- Nicola Farron as Ben Ritchie
- Andrew J. Lederer as Sidney
- Cynthia Thompson as Cissy
- Nancy Brilli as Tracy
- Stefano Madia as Tony
- John Steiner as Dr. Olsen
- Ivan Rassimov as Deputy Sheriff Ted