From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
What is beautiful is always bizarre --Charles Baudelaire
It may refer to the following people or things:
- Bizarre is a word which means strange, weird, or completely unusual or unexpected.
- Bizarre (fetish magazine) was a fetish magazine published by John Willie.
- Bizarre (arts magazine) was an arts magazine first published by Eric Losfeld in 1953 and then handed over to Pauvert after the former had edited only two issues.
- Bizarre (book) (1965), a book by Barry Humphries
- "A Love Bizarre" a song from Sheila E.
From French bizarre (“odd, peculiar, bizarre, formerly headlong, angry”). Either from Basque bizar, "a beard" (the notion being that bearded Spanish soldiers made a strange impression on the French) or from Italian bizzarro.