From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- A piece of furniture, usually flat and soft, to sleep on.
- A prepared spot to spend the night in, as in camping bed.
- A garden plot, as in "bed of roses".
- The bottom of a lake or other body of water, as in "sea bed".
- An area where a large number of oysters, mussels, or other sessile shellfish is found.
- A flat surface or layer on which something else is to be placed, as a "bed of lettuce".
- A deposit of ore, coal etc.
- A shaped piece of timber to hold a cask clear of a ship’s floor.
- Philosophy in the Bedroom
- Presagio di rose (1967) - Archizoom, part of a dream bed series
- My Bed (1999) - Tracey Emin