From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1819 - Simón Bolívar triumphs over Spain.
- 1936 - "Execution" of the Sacred Heart by leftist militiamen at Cerro de los Ángeles near Madrid, on 7 August 1936
- 1560 - Elizabeth Báthory, Hungarian serial killer (d. 1614)
- 1867 - Emil Nolde, German painter (d. 1956)
- 1876 - Mata Hari, Dutch spy (d. 1917)
- 1911 - Nicholas Ray, American actor, director and scenarist (d. 1979)
- 1936 - Rahsaan Roland Kirk, American saxophonist (d. 1977)
- 1942 - Caetano Veloso, Brazilian musician
- 1884 - Xavier Forneret, French writer and poet (b. 1809)
- 1984 - Esther Phillips, American singer (b. 1935)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "August 7" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.