From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Appropriation is the act of taking possession of or assigning purpose to properties or ideas and is important in many topics, including:
- Appropriation (sociology) in relation to the spread of knowledge
- Appropriation (art)
- Appropriation (economics) origination of human ownership of previously unowned natural resources such as land
- Appropriation (law) as a component of government spending
- Cultural appropriation is the borrowing, or theft, of an element of cultural expression of one group by another.
- The tort of appropriation is one form of invasion of privacy
- Appropriation (By Any Other Name)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Appropriation" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.