From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Tarzan is sometimes referred to as an "Apeman."
- The term may sometimes refer to extinct early human ancestors, such as the undiscovered missing link between apes and humans. Several early hominids could be considered examples.
- Alternatively, the term may refer to such cryptozoological creatures as Bigfoot or Yeti, which presumably possess some of the traits of both species
- Humanzee, hypothetical human-chimpanzee hybrids
- Ape-like beings that have distinctly human traits are not uncommon in fiction, most notably in the Planet of the Apes series
- Ape-Man, a comics book character
- "Apeman" (song), a song by The Kinks
- The Apemen, Dutch surf rock band
- The Ape Woman, a 1964 Italian-French drama film directed by Marco Ferreri