From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- M. and Mme. Joseph Prudhomme by Henry Monnier
- Bourgeoisophobe, a term coined by Flaubert
- Épater la bourgeoisie, shock the bourgeoisie
- Philistinism, often ascribed to bourgeois
- Le Décadent, one of the first magazines to declare itself explicitly anti-bourgeois.
- "Les Bourgeois, c'est comme les cochons", refrain from a song by Jacques Brel.
- Petit bourgeois
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Anti-bourgeois" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.