American art criticism
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Since the 1980s, critics have been inspired by Georges Bataille and Gilles Deleuze. American art criticism as professed by Rosalind Krauss, Yve-Alain Bois and Hal Foster has been much influenced by Bataille. In fact, the whole of so-called French theory has had an enormous influence on postmodern American theory, much like German theory was influential in post-war France. See American reception of French theory.
- The Painted Word
- American reception of French theory.
- Georges Bataille's influence on American art criticism
- Museum of Modern Art, New York City, USA
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, USA
- Culture of New York City
- Abby Rockefeller Mauzé
- American literary criticism
- American film criticism
- American music criticism