From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from 5 July)
Art and culture
- 1830 - France invades Algeria.
- 1946 - The bikini is introduced in Paris, France.
- 1967 - Diggers become the Free City Collective Judith Goldsmith
- 1810 - P.T. Barnum, American circus owner (d. 1891)
- 1889 - Jean Cocteau, French writer (d. 1963)
- 1849 - William Thomas Stead, English journalist (d. 1912)
- 1833 - Nicéphore Niépce, French inventor (b. 1765)
- 1920 - Max Klinger, German artist (b. 1857)
- 1969 - Walter Gropius, German architect (b. 1883)