From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- Guillaume Apollinaire published a selection of his writings in L'œuvre du Marquis de Sade, where he introduced Sade as "the freest spirit that had ever lived."
- Seaweed (ca. 1909) - Paul Chabas
- An example of early 20th century academic kitsch.
- Literary Taste: How To Form It by Arnold Bennett
- The Machine Stops (1909) - E.M. Forster
- The Other Side by Alfred Kubin
- The first recorded use of 'marihuana' in the United States
- Futurist Manifesto
- Eugene Ionesco (1909-1994)
- Clement Greenberg (1909-1994)
- Riccardo Freda (1909 - 1999)
- André Pieyre de Mandiargues (1909 - 1991)
- Francis Bacon (1909 – 1992)