From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from 18 September)
Art and culture
- 1886 - Symbolist Manifesto published by Jean Moréas.
- 1981 - Memphis Group showcases its first exhibition at the Arc ’74 showroom in Milan.
- 1997 - Sensation (exhibition) opens in London
- 1905 - Greta Garbo, Swedish actress (d. 1990)
- 1952 - Dee Dee Ramone, American bassist (The Ramones) (d. 2002)
- 1959 - Benjamin Péret, French surrealist author
- 1964 - Clive Bell, English art critic (b. 1881)
- 1970 - Jimi Hendrix, American musician (b. 1942)
- 2004 - Russ Meyer, American film director (b. 1922)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 18" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.