From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- La Vie de bohème, play by Murger
- Courbet’s monumental canvas The Stonebreakers, painted in 1849
- Courbet's Burial at Ornans (1849-50)
- The conscious act of artistically addressing all the senses with regard to the viewer’s experience in totality made a resounding debut in 1849 when Richard ...
- Sergeant Bertrand's arrest in 1849 came as a shock to his army comrades, for it was alleged, and proved at his trial, that for the past two years he had been in the habit ...
- Théophile Gautier (1811 - 1872)
- La première fois que nous rencontrâmes Baudelaire, ce fut vers le milieu de 1849 , à l'hôtel Pimodan, où nous occupions, près de Fernand Boissard, ...
- Eccentric and Remarkable Characters (Fairholt)
- Richard Wilhelm Wagner: From Art and Revolution 1849
- In May 1849 he began his most active "rescue work" with "fallen women" and met prostitutes late at night either on the street, in his house or in their ...
- Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
- Edward Hicks (1780-1849)
- Katsushika Hokusai (1760 - 1849)
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)