From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- François Boucher (1703 - 1770)
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman (1760-1770)
- Friedrich Hegel (1770 - 1831)
- System of Nature (1770) - Baron d'Holbach, Denis Diderot
- Women's magazine
- It was started in August 1770 by bookseller John Coote and publisher John Wheble. (This was by no means the first women's magazine, as Lady's Mercury had ...
- Style, genius and taste (1770) - Sir Joshua Reynolds
- James Hogg (1770-1835) in 1824. A classic gothic tale of good ...
- Louis Lafitte (1770–1828). In 1822, he began exhibiting at the ...