From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- Mother Clap's molly house in London is raided by police, resulting in Mother Clap's death and the public execution by hanging at the Tyburn gallows of all the men arrested (gay culture)
- Edmund Curll arrested for publishing The Prisoner's Advocate, a government spy's (John Ker) memoirs of his experiences in the King's Bench Prison.
- The Political History of the Devil, a non-fiction book by Daniel Defoe
- Jonathan Swift publishes Gulliver's Travels.
- A Short Narrative of an Extraordinary Delivery of Rabbets (1727, for 1726?)
- Cunicularii; or, The Wise Men of Godliman in Consultation (1726)
- The Discovery: or, The Squire Turn'd Ferret (1727, for 1726)